REST API Automation Testing Tutorial with Rest Assured
Rest-Assured is a Java based library that is used to test RESTful Web Services. This library behaves like a headless Client to access REST web services. We can create highly customize-able HTTP Requests to send to the Restful server. This enables us to test wide variety of Request combinations and in turn test different combinations of core business logic.
Rest-Assured library also provides ability to validate the HTTP Responses received from server. For e.g. we can verify the Status code, Status message, Headers and even the Body of the response. This makes Rest-Assured a very flexible library that can be used for testing.
This is a complete series of RESTAPI Automation Testing Tutorial where the following topics will be covered:
- Validate Response body using Rest-Assured
- Making a Post Request using Rest-Assured
- Deserializing Json Response to a Class
- Deserialize Json response to an Array or List
- Authentication and Authorization in REST WebServices
RESTAPI Testing Framework
- Coming Soon