How to Download And Install Appium Desktop Client
1) Visit the Appium Download page to install the Appium Desktop client. Click on Appium.exe for Windows to download the ‘.exe‘ file for Appium.
2) Go with the latest version of Appium.
Note: As of 6th June’15, the latest version is 1.4
3) The File Download dialog box appears prompting you to Save the Zip file.
4) Unzip the Zip file and extract the Appium folder on the same location to access the .exe file. Double click on the Appium folder.
5) Double click the Appium Installer to start the installation process. A pop up window will display to select the appropriate language. Leave it as it is and click on OK.
6) The installation process starts. Click the Next button to continue the installation.
7) After the initial installation is done, window will ask you where you want to install the Appium. You can choose to change where you want to keep your folder but it’s best to stick with what you were given first. Click Next to continue.
8) Leave this as it is and click Next.
9) If you wish to have a shortcut desktop icon for Appium, select the option for ‘Create a desktop icon‘ and click Next.
10) Click on Install to initiate the final installation.
11) Select the check box for Launch Appium and click on Finish.
12) Appium will open up, once the installation is finished with the below message.
Note: I will suggest you to restart you machine now, or wait for next installation of Eclipse but make sure you restart your machine before the running the first test.