To SetUp Appium on Mac follow below steps:
1) Download Appium from link http://appium.io/ for iOS.
2) Right click on downloaded file & open it with DiskImageMounter as shown below. It will open Appium.app in different folder.
3) Drag Appium.app to Applications folder as shown below.
4) Open Appium.app by double click from Applications folder. First of all, you need to navigate to the Appium iOS settings by clicking the apple icon on the top. You won’t need to fill in all the forms. Remember to also check the round button just below the icon to make sure you are targeting the right platform.
5) The first thing you need to do is point the Appium server to the .APP file (Generated from Xcode project – Refer my doc “Appium-Run Xcode Project” for more detail) that you want to test. Simply check the “App Path” box and paste the path to the .App file in the text field, or navigate to it by clicking on the button.
6) Next, move a little further down the screen until you find the “Force Device” field, under “Device Settings”. Check the box and select the device you want to test on. Although in the end you can insert whatever text string you like, this step is mandatory.
7) Immediately below is the UDID field. Select the checkbox and open up Xcode. Navigate to Window -> Devices, the select your connected device from the sidebar on the left. You will need to copy the text in front of the “Identifier” row, go back to Appium and paste it in the UDID field.
8) Next up, you will need to check the “Full reset” box. This tells Appium to reset the state of the application we are testing every time we run a test.
9) Lastly, you will need to check if Appium knows the path to your Xcode application. Click on the “Advanced” tab and check that the path in the bottom field is correct. If there is none, just click the button and navigate to Xcode Application location.
10) You are now ready to start the server. Close the iOS settings screen and select the button. You should see some information being printed on the Appium terminal. After a couple of seconds you can click on the button with the icon, which will open up the Appium Inspector. At this point the app will be installed and launched on your device. The purpose of the Inspector is to allow you to reference the UI elements of the app you are testing so that you can interact with them.