Table of Contents
Below is the division of ISTQB Exam Syllabus with K-Level Break-Up.
1) The Fundamentals of testing: (K2)
- Why is testing necessary? (K2)
- What is Testing? (K2)
- Testing Principles (K2)
- Fundamental Test Process (K1)
- The psychology of Testing (K2)
2) Testing throughout the life-cycle: (K2)
- Software development models (K2)
- Test Levels (Eg. Unit testing, Component testing, Integration testing,etc.) (K2)
- Test types (Functional, non-functional, structural, change-related testing) (K2)
- Maintenance testing (K2)
3) Static testing: (K2)
- Reviews and the Test process (K2)
- Review Process (K2)
- Static analysis by tools (K2)
4) Test design techniques: (K4)
- Identifying test conditions and designing test cases (K2)
- Categories of test design techniques (K2)
- Specification-based or Black Box techniques (eg. BVA, Equivalence Partitioning) (K3)
- Structure-based or white Box techniques (K4)
- Experienced based techniques (Error guessing and Exploratory guessing) (K2)
- Choosing a Test technique (K2)
5) Test Management: (K3)
- Test organization (K2)
- Test Plans, estimates and strategies (K3)
- Test progress, monitoring and control (K2)
- Configuration management (K2)
- Risk and testing (K2)
- Incident management (K3)
6) Tool support for testing: (K2)
- Types of test tools (K2)
- Effective use of tools (K2)
- Introducing a tool into an organization (K1)
State Transition Testing
9 min read
What is state transition testing in software testing? How to make state transition diagram and table explained with practical examples.
5 min read
Error guessing techniques generate test cases not captured by formal techniques. What is error guessing in software testing?
Software Development Life Cycle
5 min read
What is Software Development Life Cycle ? What are the different stages of SDLC. Planning, Analysis, Design, Testing, Deploy & Maintanace.
ISTQB Foundation Level Syllabus 2018
1 min read
ISTQB Foundation Level - ISQTB Tutorial for preparing Course Syllabus. Sample Exams, Questions Papers, Live Online ISTQB Exam simulator.
Software Testing Principles
6 min read
Software testing principles have evolved over a period of time and widely accepted as the common guideline for all testing.
Risk in Software Testing
7 min read
In this article, we are going to cover - What is Risk in Software Testing? Dimensions of Risk along with various levels of risk.
Boundary Value Analysis - A Black Box Testing Technique
7 min read
What is Boundary Value Analysis and BVA? How to do Boundary Value Analysis with examples? What are its pitfalls and how to perform BVA?
The Psychology of Testing
8 min read
This article covers the different Psychology of Testing and Testers and developers help to improve communication between them.
Error, Defect, and Failure
10 min read
In this article, we will try to understand the inter-relation between Error, Defect, and Failure along with the causes of Errors in Software